Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cruise to Alaska on Celebrity's Mercury on 9/18/08

This was CruiseOne's annual convention and this year it was in Alaska on Celebrity's Mercury. I didn't take many pix of the ship but I took many from the tours.
I went onto Mendenhall Glacier via helicopter. I visited the Raptor Center and saw some magnificent eagles. I road on the Aleutian Ballard of The Deadliest Catch fame. At the end of the Cruise I went on a 3 hour tour of Seattle and took an elevator up to the top of the Space Needle. Hope you like the pictures. I'll be posting details very soon.


View of Mendenhall Glacier from the helicopter.


Hubbard Glacier from On Mendenhall Glacier
my deck.



A waterfall seen while on the glacier.

Crystal clear glacier ice. Scenes from the Deadliest Catch tour.



A hand rolled cigar made in Victoria, BC.



This is the Alaskan Raptor Center. They rescue injured eagles and rehabilitate them for release back into the wild. If the eagles cannot be return to nature, they are used as education ambassadors throughout the United States.





After the cruise was over I went on a 3 hour tour and saw the Seattle Space Needle.p I also went to the Pike Place Market and saw the original Starbucks.

Mendenhall Glacier and the Helicopter ride will always be one of my favorite memories.




If you want to see more check out my video's of Alaska on Youtube. Just click: Cruzin with Suzin






































































































































































































































































































No comments: